Dr. Edelstein received his medical degree from the University of Toronto where he won numerous awards and scholarships, including the prized Silver Medal for finishing 2'nd overall amongst his 252 medical school classmates. After completing his surgical internship at the Toronto General Hospital, Dr. Edelstein went on to Plastic Surgery training at the University of Toronto for five years. In 1997, he received certification as a Plastic Surgeon. With a keen interest in aesthetic medicine, Dr. Edelstein pursued additional sub-specialty education in Cosmetic Surgery, training with one of the most acclaimed Plastic Surgeons in the world.
He specializes in body contouring, particularly liposuction and abdominoplasty (tummy-tuck), two of the most common procedures he performs.
Dr. Edelstein is one of Canada's leading Plastic Surgeons because of the following reasons:
1. Dr. Edelstein is Head of the Division of Plastic Surgery at the Humber River Regional Hospital (HRRH), one of the largest divisions of Plastic Surgery in Canada, with nine active Plastic Surgeons on staff. In 2011, Dr. Edelstein oversaw the completion of 4779 Plastic Surgery procedures at HRRH. This means that in his professional career, Dr. Edelstein has gained experience from tens of thousands of surgeries, under his hospice as Division Head and having performed them directly.
2. Dr. Edelstein is an active member of the American Society for Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons and the International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery. As a member of these prominent medical organizations, he is dedicated to the advancement of the field through education, advocacy and legislation to protect you, the patient.
3. As an indication of his commitment to remain at the forefront of the medical field, Dr. Edelstein has been a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) since 1997. He participates in the annual Maintenance of Certification Program held by the RCPSC that supports lifelong learning.
4. Dr. Edelstein is in good standing with The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO). Based on his professional abilities as a Plastic Surgeon, he was selected to be a panel member for the Quality Assurance Committee at the CPSO, where he also writes case opinions.
5. Dr. Edelstein has conducted research that has been published in Canadian and International peer reviewed Plastic Surgery journals. His research includes a range of topics from Lightning Injury to a review of Liposuction, the Syringe Technique.
6. As a respected medical professional, Dr. Edelstein regularly lectures on Cosmetic Surgery topics, has appeared on television, and is quoted in newspapers and magazines.
7. Cosmetic Surgery is a medical science that is constantly evolving, with progressive techniques, sophisticated technology and exciting new ideas. Dr. Edelstein participates in annual Plastic Surgery symposiums and conferences to ensure his surgical methods and techniques are the safest and most effective for his patients.
8. Dr. Edelstein is well versed in a variety of body contouring techniques, allowing him to tailor solutions to your particular needs. He will help you to choose between the different tummy-tuck procedures (mini, modified, full), as well as between the different types of liposuction (tumescent, syringe, power-assisted, ultrasonic, laser-assisted). He attempts to bring together excellent training and experience, artistic knowledge and an enthusiastic personality to make your tummy-tuck and / or liposuction experience both satisfying and safe.
Dr. Edelstein treats every patient with safety, comfort, and satisfaction as his utmost priority. He considers every body contouring procedure to be important and wants you to feel comfortable, secure and well informed before proceeding with your procedure.
You will never feel rushed during a consultation. Dr. Edelstein takes the time to understand your individual goals and expectations. You will receive an honest opinion about what body contouring can do for you, without unwarranted exaggeration. If he feels that your expectations won't be met, he will let you know and advise you on your best course of action. In some cases, a more suitable solution will be provided.
With your choice of a private surgical facility or the Humber River Regional Hospital, you can expect personalized attention, conscientious treatment and the comfort of knowing you are being treated by a reputable Plastic Surgeon who is respected by both his peers and leagues of highly satisfied patients.